Support for Veterans with Mesothelioma
The following is a list of resources for veterans with mesothelioma:
- The U.S. Veterans Administration has an agreement with the National Cancer Institute (NCI) that allows veterans to participate in NCI-sponsored clinical trials at VA facilities as part of their health benefits. To qualify, the veteran must be receiving care at a VA facility.
- The Department of Defense has an agreement with the National Cancer Institute (NCI) that allows TRICARE beneficiaries to participate in NCI-sponsored clinical trials as part of their health benefits. TRICARE beneficiaries’ participation in most NCI-sponsored clinical trials is covered regardless if they are being held at civilian or military treatment facilities.
- The U.S. National Archives and Records Administration can provide veterans with copies of their military service records so that they can claim their medical beenfits.
- Military.com is a free membership organization for persons currently serving in the military as well as veterans. The page dedicated to veterans’ health care provides a comprehensive explanation of available benefits and eligibility.
- Disabled American Veterans is a non-profit organization whose mission is to improve the quality of life for disabled veterans. The organization operates a Transportation Network that provides free transportation for sick and disabled veterans to get to and from VA medical facilities.