Quesadilla with Tuna
Many patients find that their tastes for certain foods change during mesothelioma treatment. Others experience symptoms that make strong flavors repulsive. This recipe is good for both patients, as the tuna has a much milder flavor than many other fishes yet still packs a powerful punch of protein.
- 1 small can of tuna, drained
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- ½ tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp (or more) finely chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp pickle relish
- 3 tortillas
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese or the cheese of your choice
- Once the tuna is drained, put it into a bowl and use a fork to break it up until it is “flaked”.
- Add the next four ingredients and mix well.
- Place a tortilla on a microwave-safe plate, and spread half of the tortilla with about 1/3 of the tuna mixture.
- Sprinkle about ¼ cup of cheese on the other half of the tortilla.
- Fold the tuna half over the cheese half and microwave for about 40 seconds (until cheese is melted).
- Repeat the steps above with the other two tortillas and enjoy.