Chicken Salad with Curry
This is an interesting twist on an old favorite, and the novelty of the curry may help to pique the appetite of a patient who is having trouble becoming interested in food due to mesothelioma treatment. The coconut and mandarin oranges also add an exotic flair.
- · 1 thinly sliced onion
- · 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- · 2 tsp curry powder, divided
- · ¼ tsp garlic salt
- · ¼ cup orange juice
- · 1 (15 oz.) can of mandarin oranges, drained
- · 4 finely chopped scallions
- · 1 cup golden raisins
- · 2 tbsp sweetened, flaked coconut, divided
- · ¼ cup mayonnaise
- · 24 whole-wheat crackers
- · Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- · At the bottom of a medium baking dish, scatter onion slices. Place chicken over onions, sprinkle with curry and garlic salt. Pour juice over the chicken and spices.
- · Bake 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Cool, then cut into bite-sized pieces
- · Mix chicken, oranges, scallions, raisins, and half of coconut. Stir in mayo.
- · Transfer to serving bowl and garnish with the rest of the coconut. Serve with crackers.