Penne with Garlic Lemon and Broccoli
If a patient is having trouble eating during cancer treatment, it’s a good idea to try a new twist on an old favorite. Most everybody loves pasta, and this recipe is chock full of healthy broccoli and garlic, proven cancer-fighters.
- · ½ pound penne pasta
- · 5 cups broccoli florets (about 1 bag frozen)
- · ¼ cup olive oil
- · 10 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- · ½ cup chicken broth
- · Grated zest of 1 lemon
- · Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper to taste
- · Prepare penne according to package directions, adding broccoli two to three minutes before pasta is finished. Drain pasta and broccoli.
- · In a large skillet over medium high heat, add oil and sauté garlic until beginning to color, just 1 or 2 minutes
- · Add broth to garlic, boiling for 3-5 minutes or until reduced by half. Add pasta, broccoli, and lemon zest, coating with sauce. Season as desired and top with cheese for serving.